Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Virgin Show

I've been invited to join a group show of animators and entertainment industry artists making their gallery debut. Please join us at our Opening night reception on October 27, 7-10 pm!

Lost Souls Cafe.
Old Bank District-Harlem Place Alley
124 W. 4th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
www.lostsouls.com

For online info:
http://myspace.com/thevirginshow

There's some serious talent in the mix (like, for example: Steve Daye, Stephen Silver, John Nevarez and Frank Rocco! Just to name a few) Am I flattered they're letting me participate? Ummmmmmm.... TOTALLY!

They may actually tell me to go away and never come back once they've seen my painting...but, ach-- I won't worry about that until next week, when they hang everything.

Smirk

I did struggle with "virgin themed" ideas for this, hence---the lack of serious concept. As the deadline loomed ever-closer it was apparent that I really just needed to paint. Even tho this little painting lacks hip irreverence, cool concept or design, I really enjoyed getting goopy with paint again. Oh, and there you can see bits of my messy studio...also known as the kitchen table that never gets cleaned. Ever.


thanks Kyle and Joe for letting me participate! I'm definitely looking forward to the show!

9 comments:

James said...

I like it. I'll see you at the show. Glad to read you are doing well.

twisstii said...

congrats on the show! we'll love to see more!
messy table..hmm.. wait till you see mine.. :D

Steve Daye said...

By the looks of it, you're going to blow us all out of the water! Thanks for the kind words! Hope to see you soon!

Kristina Bustamante said...

Oh wow! You've updated. Cool ^_^ Your artwork is adorable and hip, and I love your sense of style, not to mention color! That's great that you're going to be at the Virgin Show. I will be there as well to see the artwork of my friend Oscar Pangestu. Looking forward to seeing your work, especially for the first time in the actual third dimension.

Unknown said...

This is lovely!

Scott Tolleson said...

Dang!!! You're back? You're BACK!

paige said...

Thank you so much, you guys! I'm (more than) happy to be back and look forward to seeing what lovelies you all are making these days!

xo
~P

Blundering American said...

Wow, the show's going on while I'll be in L.A. I'll do what I can to stop by!

SteveLambe said...

Awesome to see you up and posting again, Paige. I missed the show, but I heard there was some really amazing work there. You definitely deserve to be included in the top talent they invited to showcase work. You should post up your final for us to marvel over.

Oh and I still owe you a frappacino. I haven't forgot...yet ;)