Saturday, May 26, 2007

Mitzi n' Me!


I just adopted a sweet and lovey little Boston Terrier!!! She's soooooo funny-cute!

Her previous name was Gypsy but I've started getting to know her over the past few hours now and I'm feeling a very strong "Mitzi" vibe. I feel kinda weird changing her name but maybe a new name will also be a sign of a new and happy life.

Originally, Gypsy (now, Mitzi) was a breeder dog for 6 years and once her "work" was deemed complete, the breeder called the boston terrier rescue group to have her picked up that day or she'd be taken the pound. Terrible!!!! (stories like this break my heart!)

Soooooo, now she's living here with me, in the lap of luxury! Ok, my digs aren't exactly luxurious but I imagine my actual lap is nice and soft and comfy, therefore...complete luxury! We're gunna go on lots and lots of walks and she's going to be spoiled with lots of love and affection!
xo

10 comments:

Chrissie A said...

She's adorable! (and so lucky she's found a new home with you!)

Lovely stuff here on your blog, Paige...I'll be back!)

Antrese said...

Can't wait to meet her! What a lucky puppy (ouch! ) to find a nice new home with someone who loves her! We'll have to introduce her to the hollywood trails soon!
:o)A

shannon m. said...

Aaaaw, love her!! Grandma and Pa M. had a dog like this called Corky. We used to get her all wound up (easy to do) and watch her tear manic circles around their house. That was our childhood hilarity.

Can't wait to see her! Promise to play mellow, of course....
;-) Arf!

paige said...

Thanks, Girls! Mitzi seems to have taken quite well to her new digs.

She's napping on the couch right because she's all tuckered out from our afternoon jaunt around the 'hood. She's getting lots of walks... which means I'm getting lots of walks and I'm going to have a great ass sometime soon! Thanks, Mitzi!

Crazy Cat Lady said...

I'm so glad you adopted her and she'll have a good home. I hate the way those puppy mills work. My personal passion is greyhounds, because so many are "put down" each year because they are too old to race, or injured, or just weren't fast enough. I hope to someday rescue a couple, when we have a bigger house/more land. But hooray for Mitzi!

paige said...

thanks, crazy cat lady! I hope you're able to rescue your greyhounds some day!

Anonymous said...

Aww she's adorable! And definitely more of a Mitzi than a Gypsy. By the way, I haven't checked back here in a very long time and I am so excited that you're posting again!

Lena said...

Hi,Paige!Thanks for your comment!До свидания!Желаю удачи!

ACH said...

Hey Paige...cute doggie!!! I noticed you live in the LA area and I thought I'd let you know...on the 3rd Thursday of every month, there is a Boston Terrier meetup at Barrington Dog Park in Brentwood. I have 2 Bostons and used to take them, but havn't been in a while. Basically, a bunch of Bostons take over the dog park and run amok, it's great to see so many of em running around. If you want more info, go to http://bostonterrier.meetup.com/118/?gj=sj2

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.