Monday, November 26, 2007

Superstition

IF: Superstition
It's a quicky since there was lots going on this week.

I have this superstition that I better post something for last week's Illustration Friday (the theme was Superstition)--or--ELSE!! So, of course, I'm all about posting something, even if I'm terribly late. It's kind of like one of those horrible chain emails that claim you have to send it on to 10 friends in the next 2 minutes or you will have bad luck for the next 12 years. Who wants to risk that?! (So please, I beg you....do not include me on your list for these forwards!)

I'm also all about posting a superstition that may bring about GOOD LUCK...which we all can use, right?! "Fingers crossed" has thought to bring good luck since...well, at least since my days in the school playground. Maybe centuries. Anyway, a long time. Occasionally, I use this highly deft method as an adult too...and it always seems to make whatever I don't have any control over, a little more hopeful...like, "Hey! I'm doing what I can here" even if it's just crossing a couple of fingers.
Wacky? Yes! Hopeful? You betcha. Helpful? Who knows.

5 comments:

Gabriele Antonini said...

Very simple and powerful illustrations. I admire your works.
Gabriele

STOVEPIPE.NET said...

Those are great color choices too!

Unknown said...

Lovely work. fun color schemes as well.

Joe Karg said...

Great image Paige. Love the colors.

Ufa88kh said...

Thank you for all your efforts
I believe there are many people who feel like I read this article!
I hope you continue to have articles like this to share with everyone!
wordpress
blogspot
youtube
កាស៊ីណូ